When picking out a pair of reading glasses the first thing that you usually think about is how they will look on your face. One way to help narrow down your choices is to determine your face shape and coloring. If you know those answers you can easily figure out which eyeglass frame styles and colors would look best to compliment you.
According to the Vision Council you should consider three main points when choosing an eyeglass frame for your face shape:
- Eyewear should repeat your personal best feature (such as a brown frame to match brown eyes and or brown hair).
- The frame shape should contrast with your face shape.
- The frame size should be in scale with your face size.
Also, while most faces are a combination of shapes and angles, there are seven basic face shapes: round, oval, oblong, heart, base-up triangle, diamond and square.
Additionally according to the Vision Council there are three keys to color analysis:
- All people have either cool (blue-based) or warm (yellow-based) coloring.
- Everyone looks best in his or her own color base.
- Eyewear color should complement personal coloring.
The main factors that determine the best color palette for a person are the colors of the skin, eyes and hair.
Optx 20/20, the online leader in reading glasses and reading glasses accessories has a large variety of frames for all facial shapes. In addition most frames come in a variety of different colors to compliment a person’s skin, eyes and hair. Browse the site today and pick out the pair that best compliments you!