Today as we get older, our eyes need more and more attention. Reading glasses aren’t the only new necessities many of us come in contact with in our day-to-day lives. Eye drops, for a variety of reasons may also become important. But, for eye drops to be effective they need to be inserted properly. Here are a few tips to make sure they actually do what they are suppose too and get in your eye:
- Before using eye drops, wash your hands with soap and warm water. Dry them with a clean towel.
- If you are putting in your own eye drops, lie down or use a mirror.
- Look up to the ceiling with both eyes.
- While tilting your head back, pull the lower lid of your eye down with one hand. Hold the eye drops bottle or tube in your other hand.
- Place one eye drop or a small amount of ointment inside your lower lid. The tip of the medicine bottle or tube should not touch your eye.
- Blink and dab away the excess eye drop fluid with a tissue.
- Keeping the eyes closed (without continued blinking) for a few minutes may allow better penetration and effectiveness of the medication.
- Immediately after using the eye drops, wash your hands to remove any medication that may be left on them.
Putting eye drops in may not be the most comfortable thing you do during the day but can have a lot of benefits and help greatly with your eyesight. Those drops, along with a great new pair of stylish readers from Optx 20/20 will make seeing the world so much better.