Glasses, including readers, prescription glasses and sunglasses are an investment just like anything else. No matter how much they cost, the better you take care of them, the longer they will last.
So what are the best ways you can best take care of your specs? While some of these ideas maybe obvious, others aren’t.
- Always keep your glasses in a case when not in use. This will protect your lenses from scratches and will also help to extend the life of your frame.
- To avoid scratching, never lay your glasses with the lenses down on any type of surface.
- To keep the glasses properly adjusted, it’s best to use two hands when putting on or removing your glasses.
- Avoid placing lenses in your mouth, breathing on them, and then wiping them with a cloth or your shirt. This will surely scratch them in no time, no matter what kind of coating the lenses have.
- Clean your lenses, preferably in the morning, with dish soap that contains no creams. After soaping, rub the lenses between your fingers and rinse the lenses off with hot water. Once the rinse is complete, there should be beads of water left on the lenses. Now take a tissue or dry cleaning cloth and dry the lenses between your fingers.
- Get your glasses adjusted periodically. This will let professionals check for loose screws or other potential problems. In most situations, you will not want to try to fix your glasses yourself and rather leave that to a professional.
It should be noted that all frames purchased from Optx 20/20 include a warranty. This will give you extra peace-of-mind should an issue occur. If though you follow the above recommendations, a pair of glasses should last you a good, long period of time.